CLOVELLY ESTATE CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT
Updated as of 27 January, 2021.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support for the village of Clovelly throughout what has been an incredibly challenging time. We have taken considerable steps to ensure your next visit will be as safe as it is enjoyable, but for now we are CLOSED.
The health and wellbeing of our guests, team members and all who live in and visit our community are our highest priority. Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for information about our ‘Book and Relax’ policy, cleanliness and hygiene standards, and for regular policy adjustment.
Here’s what you can expect throughout the Clovelly Estate when we reopen:
Clovelly will reopen with a reduced capacity to enable social distancing requirements. The Government has advised that 2m or 1m with risk mitigation (where 2m is not viable) is acceptable. We have therefore considered this and set out mitigative steps in our risk assessment.
The Government has also requested that we collect contact details of a member of each group to assist with the Track and Trace program. Please bear with us as we cooperate with this instruction.
- We encourage day visitors to buy an online ticket in order for us to gather contact details to assist the NHS Test and Trace service. To book, please visit www.clovelly.co.uk and click on the BOOK A VISIT button on the homepage.
- We are operating a timed ticketing system, through our online ticket system to manage visitor numbers throughout the day (morning and afternoon slots available).
- Following Government advice, we are limiting the number of visitors within the village at any one time and have implemented socially distanced queues. This effort will be supported by the introduction of wristbands to ensure only authorised access. These measures are to support NHS Test and Trace and to manage visitor numbers.
- Following consultation with the Local Authority (Torridge District Council), all visitors who consume food on the premises in an indoor setting must also supply contact details. We will keep records of their visit for 21 days safely and in compliance with GDPR regulations.
- A risk assessment has been conducted which can be viewed here. This has been shared with all employees.
- Our Government Covid Secure accreditation is displayed in the Visitor Centre entrance. Our certification of accreditation can also be viewed here.
- We are ready for any spot checks -have consulted with our Local Authority and invited assessment at any time. Furthermore, we have implemented estate patrols to ensure staff, guests and visitors comply with all measures.
- We are also making visitors and guests aware of, and encouraging compliance with, limits on gatherings upon arrival and at booking. All gatherings are limited to a group of at most six people from any number of households via signage throughout the estate. Please note that when outdoors, shooting parties are limited to a number of at most thirty people from any number of households. When indoors, shooting parties must remain in their households or support bubbles for the duration of their stay/ meal.
- We have provided more waste facilities and frequent rubbish collections.
- Staff communication is key here at Clovelly – we regularly communicate our plan regarding customer safety to staff and have put in place an emergency communication plan for disaster response.
- We shall be operating a patrol of all areas to enforce social distancing.
Land Rover Service
Our Land Rover service has been suspended until further notice. It will remain operational for emergencies only in accordance with the following guidelines.
- We shall provide sanitiser dispensers with signage outside the Land Rover’s indicating our updated policy.
- Vehicles will be disinfected prior to each journey
- Vehicle capacities have been amended to ensure social distancing (groups from the same household or two couples only).
- Masks will be required if using the Land Rover service.
- Contactless payment has been introduced.
- Drivers will minimise assisting with luggage, if assistance is necessary, they will maintain the required distance where possible whilst handling luggage.
- We have implemented social distancing marking in areas where queues normally form, and the adoption of a limited entry approach, with one in, one out (whilst avoiding the creation of additional bottlenecks).
- Where possible, there will be a one in and one out policy for all shared WC’s.
- Hand sanitiser’s will be available on entry to WC’s where safe and practical.
- There will be increased frequency of cleaning, in line with usage, paying attention to frequently hand touched surfaces.
- We shall be keeping the facilities well ventilated by fixing doors open where appropriate.
- There will be an up to date visible cleaning schedule.
- We have calculated the maximum number of visitors that can reasonably follow social distancing throughout the village, considering both indoor and outdoor space, specific village characteristics such as predicted pinch points and busy areas. To adhere to guidance, we have implemented appropriate procedures.
- We have considered how tickets are checked (at booths etc.) to maintain social distancing and shall be encouraging guests to print out tickets at home or use e-tickets for guests to gain entry to the village.
- We have considerable parking space throughout the estate to enable social distancing.
- We have provided marks on the floor in queue lines to showing social distancing points and physically modify queue lines.
- Restaurant capacity has been assessed and control measures to comply with social distancing implemented.
- We have also assessed what areas of our business will be more complicated to open due to the potential social distancing requirements. These have included all sit in restaurants, the cinema, some walk through areas and taken action where appropriate to implement social distancing best practices.
Due to social distancing guidelines, we have sadly been advised that we cannot offer any close contact animal experiences. However, you will still be able to see them, take pictures with them, and buy feed.
- We have reviewed the frequency of the cycle of cleaning and in-room services to consider varying lengths of stay.
- Room cleaning will be undertaken in the absence of the guest, unless it is difficult for the guest to leave the room (e.g. due to mobility constraints) whereupon social distancing shall be observed in the presence of the guest.
- The frequency of cleaning, requirement for the guest to vacate the room and any other relevant criteria will be communicated appropriately, including in pre-arrival communications to all guests and employees.
- Hand contact surfaces will be disinfected. We have created a check list of all the touch points which we have included, but is not limited to, the following, all of which would – as a minimum – be disinfected when a guest checks out:
- Light switches
- Bedside tables
- Remote controls
- Flush handles and toilet seats
- Door handles – inside and out
- Hair dryer handles
- Iron and ironing board, trouser press
- Safe buttons
- Wardrobe doors
- Mini bar handle
- Kettle handle and lid
- Heater and/or air conditioner controls.
- Room collateral should be kept to a minimum.
- Glasses and crockery should be removed and washed in a dishwasher not the room sink.
- Towels and linens should be washed in accordance with washing instructions.
- Where possible and appropriate, natural ventilation solutions will be applied.
Keys and Luggage
- All guests are required to leave their room keys in the room upon departure for disinfection of room keys.
- We hope that you’ll understand that due to the Covid19 outbreak, we are minimising the offer of help to guests with luggage. Where staff do help guests with luggage, we shall keep the required distance apart from guest.
- To help with social distancing, room service has been replaced with a takeaway service for collection by guests.
- To help manage expectations, we have ensured guests know that staff will have to operate social distancing and that room service trays will not be brought into the room.
- We have created a Covid appropriate welcome note and provided updated materials, including requesting guests recognise the importance of the local community, and respect social distance and good hygiene practice in all contacts and activities both inside and outside of the hotel. This will be communicated through updated signage and has been included in updated Terms and Conditions at time of booking.
- We have implemented the use of single use items where possible, which will be disposed of, in accordance with relevant guidelines.
We encourage guests with questions regarding upcoming reservations to contact Clovelly Reservations and Customer Care for assistance. Groups with current reservations are encouraged to contact the Red Lion
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back!
The Clovelly Estate Team.