CLOVELLY ESTATE CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT
Updated as of 5 January, 2022.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support for the village of Clovelly throughout what has been a challenging time. We have taken considerable steps to ensure your next visit will be as safe as it is enjoyable, and we are pleased be to welcoming you back to the village, gardens and the wider estate.
The health and wellbeing of our guests, team members and all who live in and visit our community is our highest priority. Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for information about our ‘Book and Relax’ policy, cleanliness and hygiene standards, and for regular policy adjustment.
We are lucky in that Clovelly is an outdoor attraction, however, here’s what you can expect throughout the rest of the Estate:
- All staff in the Red Lion and Visitor Centre will wear a face coverings when Government guidance requires it
- Screens will be kept between our staff and our visitors & guests
- We encourage visitors to please continue to wear a mask indoors
- Signage will remain in place to encourage social distancing
- QR codes will be in place
- Hourly cleaning of high touch areas will be carried out
- We offer all staff lateral flow tests, twice a week
- Temperature checks of staff at the Red Lion & VC are carried out when guidance permits it
- Red Lion guests will be asked to have their temperature taken on arrival
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available around Clovelly, at all entrance and exit points (where feasible)
- A risk assessment has been conducted which can be viewed here. This has been circulated with all employees.
- Our Government Covid Secure accreditation is displayed in the Visitor Centre entrance. Our certification of accreditation can also be viewed here.
- We are ready for any spot checks and have consulted with our Local Authority and invited assessment at any time. Furthermore, we have implemented estate patrols to ensure staff, guests and visitors comply with all measures.
- We have provided more waste facilities and frequent rubbish collections.
- Staff communication is key here at Clovelly – we regularly communicate our plan regarding customer safety to staff.
Land Rover Service
The Land Rover is operates between April – October.
- Please wear a mask when using the Land Rover service
- We shall provide sanitiser dispensers with signage outside the Land Rover’s indicating our updated policy.
- Vehicles are disinfected regularly
- Where possible, there will be a one in and one out policy for all shared WC’s.
- Hand sanitiser’s will be available on entry to WC’s where safe and practical.
- There will be increased frequency of cleaning, in line with usage, paying attention to frequently hand touched surfaces.
- We shall be keeping the facilities well ventilated by fixing doors open where appropriate.
- Cleaning schedules are completed periodically.
We cannot offer any close contact animal experiences at the moment. However, you will still be able to see them, take pictures, and buy feed.
- We have reviewed the frequency of the cycle of cleaning and in-room services to consider varying lengths of stay.
- Room cleaning will be undertaken in the absence of the guest, unless it is difficult for the guest to leave the room (e.g. due to mobility constraints) whereupon social distancing shall be observed in the presence of the guest.
- The frequency of cleaning, requirement for the guest to vacate the room and any other relevant criteria will be communicated appropriately, including in pre-arrival communications to all guests and employees.
- Hand contact surfaces will be disinfected. We have created a check list of all the touch points which we have included, but is not limited to, the following, all of which would – as a minimum – be disinfected when a guest checks out:
- Light switches
- Bedside tables
- Remote controls
- Flush handles and toilet seats
- Door handles – inside and out
- Hair dryer handles
- Iron and ironing board, trouser press
- Safe buttons
- Wardrobe doors
- Mini bar handle
- Kettle handle and lid
- Heater and/or air conditioner controls.
- Room collateral should be kept to a minimum.
- Glasses and crockery should be removed and washed in a dishwasher not the room sink.
- Towels and linens should be washed in accordance with washing instructions.
- Where possible and appropriate, natural ventilation solutions will be applied.
Keys and Luggage
- All guests are asked to leave their room keys in the room upon departure for disinfection of room keys.
- We are sadly not offering room service at the moment. There is a takeaway service for collection by guests, should you want to eat in your room.
We encourage guests with questions regarding upcoming reservations to contact Clovelly Reservations and Customer Care for assistance. Groups with current reservations are encouraged to contact the Red Lion.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you!
The Clovelly Estate Team.