CLOVELLY’S COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR RESIDENTS, EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS, AS WE NAVIGATE THROUGH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our residents, employees and guests remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure everybody’s safety and are continuously checking government guidance and responding accordingly as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding the safety of our unique community. Currently we are closed.
Track and Trace – Updated as of 20 April, 2021
We collect contact details of every visitor, over the age of 16, to assist with the Government Test and Trace program.
We’ll meet again! – Updated as of 20 April, 2021
The Visitor Centre, the Village and the Red Lion Hotel will be making changes to the way we operate, and have been working hard behind the scenes to implement ‘Covid Secure’ schemes.
Hotel Bookings – Updated as of 20 April, 2021
The Red Lion will be opening on 17 May for overnight stays. We’ve created a ‘Book and Relax’ policy, where all bookings are refundable upon request. We hope to see you again when we reopen.
Refunds – Updated as of 12 April, 2021
Throughout the current situation, we’ve prioritised our guests physical and financial safety. For peace of mind, we’ve developed a ‘Book and Relax’ policy, providing a no quibble, 100% return of funds to guests who request a refund. We’ve decided to extend that policy and any booking now made will be offered the same courtesy and security.
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of 12 April, 2021
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- We have implemented the governments Covid Secure scheme. All staff will be issued with PPE and protective screens, a one way system and social distancing best practices.
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitisers.
Your Travel Flexibility – Updated as of 20 April, 2021
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before May 17 , 2021 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and May 17, 2021 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the clovelly.co.uk website, or via telephone, please contact us here. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.