CLOVELLY COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR RESIDENTS, EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS, AS WE NAVIGATE THROUGH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our residents, employees and guests remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure everybody’s safety and are continuously checking government guidance and responding accordingly as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding the safety of our unique community.
Refunds – Updated as of Monday 30th March
Presently, we have authorised all refunds requested and our payment provider WorldPay is working through them. We are aware of a delay in payments being sent dues to the exceptional demand being placed on the service. Please bear with us whilst we work through this crisis.
Clovelly is now closed – Updated as of March 23, 2020
We have a responsibility to our residents, employees and guests, to stop the spread of the virus and to keep everybody safe. Unfortunately, people are still coming to Clovelly in large numbers therefore we have decided to put the safety of our residents first and with immediate effect we have closed our business. The visitors centre is now closed as are all of our premises. Although the Government hasn’t yet advised hotels to cease trading, we have taken the decision to put people before profits. All of our staff will be furloughed on full pay, with the exception of a small maintenance team who will be required to continue with refuse collections and essential maintenance. The Estate Office will remain open with a essential team to assist tenants with emergency repairs and to provide guidance through this challenging time. We urge people to follow our lead and to take personal responsibility for their decision to travel. We will be donating food and essential supplies to the village and will be relying on our community to provide an army of volunteers to help those in need. Our message is simply to stay safe at this point in time and to consider those more vulnerable than yourself.
- Volunteers. A great number of volunteers have come forward and offered help. We are truly humbled by the spirit of generosity sweeping our community. Assistance with deliveries, or collecting essential supplies, and a longing to ensure the well being of all members of our community has surfaced and if anybody needs help with essential activities or supplies, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and an army of helpers are waiting to assist. It is important to remember that you are not alone.
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of March 17, 2020
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitisers.
Your Travel Flexibility – Updated as of March 17, 2020
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the clovelly.co.uk website, or via telephone, please contact us here. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.