CLOVELLY COMMITMENT TO YOU, OUR RESIDENTS, EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS, AS WE NAVIGATE THROUGH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
As it has always been, the safety and security of our residents, employees and guests remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure everybody’s safety and are continuously checking government guidance and responding accordingly as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding the safety of our unique community.
Track and Trace – Updated as of Thursday 17th September, 2020
As of September 18th, the Government has mandated that contact details for all visitors to Clovelly must be recorded to assist with the Governments track and trace program. Please be patient with us as we cooperate with this instruction.
We’ll meet again! – Updated as of Tuesday 23rd June, 2020
HMG have now advised that they wish for the UK hospitality industry to re-open and that it is safe to do so. The goal is now to get the British economy going again. As such, the visitors centre and the village of Clovelly and the Red Lion hotel will now re-open on the 4th July. Naturally, we’ll be making changes to the way we operate and have been working hard behind the scenes to implement the Governments ‘Covid Secure’ scheme.
Bookings – Updated as of Tuesday 23rd June, 2020.
We’re delighted to announce that as of 4th July we shall be re-opening our village and the Red Lion hotel for accommodation and table service with takeaway options and room service available. We’ve been busy developing an app for the Google and Apple stores to enable social distancing, online ordering of food and individual collections for takeaway. We’ve also created a ‘Book and Relax’ policy, whereby all bookings are refundable upon request. We hope to see you on the 4th July, or whenever you feel comfortable to travel.
Refunds – Updated as of Tuesday 23rd June, 2020.
Throughout the current situation, we’ve prioritised our guests physical and financial safety. Having now been advised by HMG that it’s safe for the hospitality and leisure sectors to re-open, we’re doing so on the 4th July. For peace of mind, we’ve developed a ‘Book and Relax’ policy, building upon our earlier position of providing no quibble, 100% refunds to any guest who requested a refund. We’ve decided to extend that policy and any booking now made will be offered the same courtesy and security. So you truly can just book and relax.
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of Tuesday 23rd June, 2020.
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- We have implemented the governments Covid Secure scheme. All staff will be issued with PPE and protective screens, a one way system and social distancing best practices.
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitisers.
Your Travel Flexibility – Updated as of March 17, 2020
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the clovelly.co.uk website, or via telephone, please contact us here. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.