St Peter’s Chapel lies in the heart of the village. It was long used as a place of worship and then consecrated as a chapel on 29th of November 1948. This was at the behest of the vicar of the parish at the time, the Reverend A. S. Chandler.
Inside the Chapel are the most colourful murals painted in the 1990s by the well-known North Devon artist, Fiona Balfour. It is such a pretty and peaceful chapel along the path past the Kingsley Museum.
St Peter’s is the focal point of parishioners in the village who cannot manage the climb to the parish church. Thus it offers support and comfort to the community.