Fishing from the harbour wall
Terms for fishing permit holders:
- Fishing is not permitted from the harbour wall without a permit issued by Clovelly Estate Company.
- Permits can be purchased from the Red Lion Hotel with a completed application form.
- Permits cost £40 and are issued on 1st January each year and are valid for 12 months.
- Permits purchased during the year will be charged on pro-rata basis.
- Fishing from the harbour wall is restricted from 9am – 7pm between 1st May – 31st October.
- Permit holders must park in the Anglers Car Park (not on the back beach).
- Please keep the harbour wall clean i.e. no bait or fish to be left.
- Please note that early access to harbour wall for setting up is not permitted.
- No radios or speakers.
- Your permit may be checked on request by a member of Clovelly Estate Staff, so keep it on you.
- No more than 15 fishermen can fish off harbour wall at any one time; this may be reduced to 10 at the Harbour Master’s discretion.
- Access to the harbour may be restricted at Clovelly Estate’s discretion e.g. festivals or functions.
- Anglers must exercise due diligence for the safety of others when casting.
Crabbing is fine at all times from rock pools and the harbour wall. However please keep your little ones safe. Nets buckets and crabbing lines are available to buy at the quay shop.
Our chefs are delighted to cook your catch for you if you are staying at the Red Lion.
Don’t forget to pop into the Harbour Bar after fishing and tell the locals about “the one that got away”. Happy fishing!
Clovelly Harbour Master is Stephen Perham. Please contact him by phone or email.
Tel: 07975 501830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org