Updated: 6th February 2020.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
The Clovelly Estate Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Guest reservation and booking data within our hotel Property Management Systems
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Clovelly Estate Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Make a booking or reservation with any of our employees.
The Clovelly Estates Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- We employ footfall monitoring technology to count the number of visitors to our estate.
How will we use your data?
The Clovelly Estates Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Process your reservation and manage your reservation
- Improve our guest and visitor experience
If you agree, The Clovelly Estates Company will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When The Clovelly Estate Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases and reservations.
How do we store your data?
The Clovelly Estate Company securely stores your data at The Estate Office, Clovelly, EX39 5TA and in the cloud via Microsoft Office 365. Role based access control and Two Factor Authentication is used to secure data. We also store your data in our hotel management and marketing systems which are also secured with Role based access control and Two Factor Authentication.
The Clovelly Estate Company will keep your Personal Identification Information for six years and your Guest reservation and booking data within our hotel Property Management Systems for six years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by automatically removing it from our CRM and PMS systems.
The Clovelly Estate Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out later.
You have the right at any time to stop The Clovelly Estate Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Clovelly Estate Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
The Clovelly Estate Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request The Clovelly Estate Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Clovelly Estate Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Clovelly Estate Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Clovelly Estate Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Clovelly Estate Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Clovelly Estate Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Clovelly Estate Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 01237 431200
Or write to us: Clovelly Estate Office, Clovelly, Devon, EX39 5TA
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- For marketing purposes
- To improve the guest and visitor experience
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The Clovelly Estate Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The Clovelly Estate Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Clovelly Estate Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Analytics – The Clovelly Estate Company uses Advanced Google Analytics to build data driven buyer personas for marketing purposes with the intent of improving our products and services and guest and visitor experiences.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: 01237 431200
Or write to us at: Clovelly Estate Office, Clovelly, Devon, EX39 5TA
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Clovelly Estate Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire, SK9 5AF.