Check out our incredible programme for the Seaweed Festival
Sunday 29th of May
- Family foraging LIMITED SPACES!
JOIN Vix from the Family Foraging Kitchen for a 2hr seaweed walk, talk, and cookery demonstration along the beautiful Clovelly Coastline on Sunday 29th May Starting at 1pm.
Pre Booking Required through our booking office £10 per Person (Plus Standard Admission prices apply) or this link.
Vix Hill-Ryder is an expert wild food educator with years of experience celebrating and teaching the wonders of coastal foraging across Cornwall. With a particular passion for seaweed, Vix is dedicated to promoting their place in the kitchen, as well as helping others to understand their ecological importance and the essential methodology of sustainable harvesting.
Take a 2-hour guided walk with expert forager, Vix Hill-Ryder, across the stunning shoreline of Clovelly Beach. Learn the all about the Cornish coast’s edible seaweeds, including their flavours, nutritional information, and how to begin identifying and harvesting your own. Once you’ve finished examining and foraging the shore, you’ll get to join a cookery demonstration and tasting session, showcasing how to cook the wild ingredients you’ve picked!
We recommend bringing a notepad and/or camera along with you to help record and, later, recall the wild foods your encounter.
- Adam Reeve – Hair and Gel Seaweed Talk
- The O’ Marleys – Irish Band
- Fifers Ruse – 5 Man Band
- Roseanna Ball – Folk Musician
- Shiver Me Timbers – Shanty Crew
- North Devon Hog Roast
- Pizza @ Red Lion Clovelly
Artisan Craft & Makers
- Shore And Silver – Eco Silver Jewellery
- Latitude 50 Landscapes – Planet Friendly Cards & Gifts
- Clovelly Soaps – Natural Soap and Skincare
- Atlantic Spirit – Local Handcrafted Gin
- Crackington Cider – Local Crafted Cider
- Claires Face Painting
- Arts and Crafts – Arty Crafts 4 Wellbeing – They provide craft activities for children which we fit to the theme of the event and are usually paper or recycled materials based.
- FlotSam The fools – Stilt Walkers
Charity for the event in Aid of: North Devon Hospice